If your third brake light has burnt out, it’s important to replace it as soon as possible. Not only is it illegal to drive without a functioning brake light, but it’s also dangerous.
Here’s how to change a third brake light:
First, you’ll need to purchase a replacement brake light. You can find these at most auto parts stores. Once you have the replacement light, open the trunk of your car.
There will be a panel that covers the brake light. Use a screwdriver to remove the screws that hold the panel in place. Carefully remove the panel and set it aside.
Then, disconnect the wiring harness from the old brake light. Next, remove the old brake light by unscrewing the nuts that hold it in place. Finally, install the new brake light by screwing it in place and reconnecting the wiring harness.
Simple Steps to Change A Third Brake Light
- First, you will need to locate the third brake light on your vehicle
- Once you have found the third brake light, you will need to remove the old light
- This can be done by gently prying the light out of its socket
- Next, you will need to insert the new light into the socket
- Once the new light is in place, you will need to secure it by screwing it in or snapping it into place
- Finally, you will need to test the new light to make sure it is working properly
How to change the high-mount brake light Hyundai Elantra?
If you want to change the high-mount brake light in your Hyundai Elantra, it’s a pretty simple process.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Start by opening the trunk and removing the liner. There are usually a few screws or clips that hold it in place.
2. Once the liner is removed, you should see the brake light assembly. There are usually three screws that hold it in place.
3. Remove the screws and carefully pull the assembly out.
4. Disconnect the wiring harness and remove the old bulb.
5. Install the new bulb and reconnect the wiring harness.
6. Put the assembly back in place and secure it with the screws.
7. Replace the trunk liner and you’re done!
How to replace the third brake light Hyundai accent hatchback?
If your Hyundai Accent Hatchback is in need of a third brake light replacement, don’t despair! This is a relatively easy repair that can be completed in a matter of minutes.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Start by popping the hood and locating the third brake light. It is situated in the center of the rear window, just above the license plate.
2. Use a flathead screwdriver to remove the two screws that secure the light in place.
3. Carefully pull the light out, being careful not to damage the wires.
4. Unplug the wiring connector from the back of the light.
5. Plug in the wiring connector to the new light.
6. Place the new light in the same position as the old one and screw it in place. 7. Close the hood and you’re done!
Does the third brake light have to work to pass inspection?
Yes, at least in Germany – there anything has to work…
if you have a light that has two or more bulbs in it, some inspection stations make sure that every one of the individual bulbs is working but yeah the third brake light has to work for sure..
The 3rd brake light is on a separate circuit for redundant security and would fail a safety check.
Can I remove my third brake light?
Most cars have a third brake light located in the center of the rear window or in the top of the rear window. This brake light is usually red and is an important safety feature. If you remove this brake light, it could result in a ticket from law enforcement.
It is also illegal in some states to have a car without a third brake light.
How do you change a high brake light?
If your car has a high brake light, it’s probably because the brake light bulb is burned out. To change it, you’ll need to access the brake light fixture from inside the trunk. Once you’ve located the fixture, twist the base counterclockwise to remove the old bulb.
Insert the new bulb and twist the base clockwise to secure it in place.
How do you change the third brake light on a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan?
1. Open the hatch and locate the screws that hold the taillight housing in place.
2. Remove the screws and carefully pull the housing away from the vehicle.
3. Locate the burned-out bulb and twist it counterclockwise to remove it from the socket.
4. Insert the new bulb into the socket and twist it clockwise to secure it in place.
5. Reattach the taillight housing and screw it into place.
6. Close the hatch and test the new bulb.
If your third brake light is not working, you can replace it yourself. You will need a new brake light, a screwdriver, and a socket wrench. First, remove the two screws that hold the light in place. Then, disconnect the electrical connector from the back of the light. Finally, remove the old light and install the new one. Be sure to reconnect the electrical connector and screw the new light in place.